I wanted to share some paintings that I’ve done because I am going to make another one inspired by harvest time and changing of season trees.
Harvest time originates from different countries, but many historians believe the celtic people started harvest festivals where they brought gifts and celebrated harvest season by having feasts.
Now with modern culture it is a commercial holiday. I always grew up doing the typical halloween spirited traditions, but I always had a love for all things fall and harvest! I think this underlining culture runs through my veins, because my heritage is celtic, scottish.
Let me know what you think of my art!
I have always been the creative type always creating things with my hands. If I sit too long doing nothing, then I get that itchy feeling feeling in my fingertips.
When I was a youth I had received a knitters Loom and started to practice with it. During the time, I was in a program called Young Women’s in my church which follows a similar program comparable to Eagle Scout program for Young men. I had crocheted 10 hours of New Born Beanies for my service project, that were sent to Church Missionaries in Lithuania.
The feeling was so rewarding being able to send those infant beanies over to a country that was in serious need of them.
I crocheted off and on ever since then started again when I was pregnant and never stopped.
I crochet because
- It keeps things interesting!
- Other projects take too long or are too messy with a young toddler running around.
- There are so many available free patterns and stitches to attempt.
- Paired with sewing knowledge I can make all sorts of things!
- It is fun!
- It is relaxing, even helps with your heart heath by being a stress reliever.
- It helps your memory, learning new things.
- Crocheting and other needle work is a dying art form that should be taught to younger generations!
- Needle work can’t be taught in schools any more and there is a scarce learning locations — with the exception of craft stores and of course YouTube.
- Having a hobby is a great outlet of creativity, passion, love and keep your daily life stress free! (any hobby could provide you happiness and raise your self esteem.)
- It keeps us progressing. I get tired of doing the same things day after day and I can get bored easily. With having crochet in my life it makes my day that much better! I wake up thinking what else I can crochet, sew, paint or create, how else I can progress!
- Sharing is caring! Doing something you love is great, in turn I know you will share it with others too. It helps one reconnect with yourself and others as well as self improvement!
Maybe you have a grandmother who knitted you scarves or even sewn you a quilt? I had one of those too! We rarely see these handcrafted art works today because of all the technology and entertainment. If you do, its either at a family gathering or a craft fair. I hope we can teach the next generation these hand crafted skills so they can pass it on to theirs before it completely dies out by unpopularity. If giving yourself the proper patience any skill and hobby can become a true art! 🙂
Have fun and create something today!